Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shopping Stalemate


I wanted to shop until I drop but it ended up me dropping trying to do some shopping.
It feels like it always happens to me – the day I decide that I want to go and splurge, I can’t find a single thing that would fit me or my budget.

It is as if the stores know that I am coming and they hide everything out of my sight. Could that be right? This entire week, I have walked in and out of so many stores, and yet I couldn’t a find a single thing that would excite me.

“What’s going on?”  I asked myself.  Should I get a personal shopper? Is it inflation? Maybe I missed the sale season?  I slept over this last night thinking I might wake up with an answer. Eureka moment arrived late this afternoon – I have an expensive taste! Suddenly the whole world was making sense again – that explained why overpriced accessories were finding me.

Whilst this flash of brilliance helped me feel better for about couple of minutes, that chic yet pocket-friendly top remained elusive.  I was about to give up hope, but we ended up at Lamcy this evening. An hour of window shopping and trials at Lamcy proved fruitful – not one, not two but three tops from Matalan! What’s more I didn’t have to pay a single penny for it – we redeemed some of our Airmiles.

Then a thought occurred to me as I was wrapping up our evening with a Haji Ali sandwich – Maybe I was looking at the wrong place? Maybe. 

1 comment:

  1. It happens to me all the time .. its not just you Sangry words..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...