It is confession time yet again at Sangrywords – on popular demand, this time on my passive road rage.
Fasten your seat belts, here is the laundry list:
1. Yes it’s true, I swear at people who cut the queue jump in front of my car without indicators to save a mirco-minute.
2. The even more annoying ones are those who tail-gate as they are in urgent need to attend to a severe case of diarrhoea.
3. Must not forget the ones who talk on the phone and do not mind even if they are out their lanes.
4. Aha and lets also mention those ladies who apply make up while driving in the speed lane.
5. And then are those who drive at a snail's-pace-60 where you can go upto 100km/hr.
6. The frustrating and tentative jaywalking pedestrians.
7. The last one are the kinds that I have witnessed only in this part of the world - driving with one foot resting on the window or the dashboard (no, not a typo!).
What’s so passive about all these things you may ask?
The reality is, all of the above are acceptable as long as I am at the driver seat - I can duck, dive and drive away. But all bets are off when I am at the passenger seat. I was busted recently when my husband caught me swearing a not so innocent rash driver. And just after that, my husband found my first edit of Take care, Not chances post to be bordering on being snobbish.
After a lot of soul searching, I am left to wonder if should be attending a Road-rage anonymous group (passive division). If there isn't such a thing - perhaps, I could be the founding member and the patron.
I am currently on the lookout for fellow addicts. Let me know if you any of you suffer from the same condition by sharing your story.