Tuesday, May 22, 2012

At the end of the day ...


Since my little one started school, we've been falling sick. I am told it’s a regular feature in every household when the toddler goes to school.  So when I fell sick (yet again), my husband decided to give me some break and took up little one’s entire responsibility over the weekend. I have to say he is very helpful even otherwise, when it comes to helping me with Smera. The daddy daughter duo love to spend time with each other- be it 4am or 10pm.

A recovering child and my extreme cold and cough – didn’t sound like a wonderful combination.  I didn’t want Smera to again contract the flu that we have been passing on to each other. So when my man offered up to help me with in through this difficult state of affairs, I couldn’t help but to take up that offer with relief.


The weekend started off really well, they fed each other breakfast, played in the pool, went out to the aquarium– leaving me home alone recuperate.  Back after sundown, after a packed itinerary, all Smera wanted to do was to sleep. The ever-helpful husband took the little one to sleep and managed the task effortlessly.

Then came Saturday and both of them had fun again. Feeling proud (and a little smug!) of the two-day achievement, the Daddy offered to help her put to sleep again.

With a bottle of warm milk for Smera, daughter and daddy retired into the bedroom. Ten minutes must have passed before I went to check on the progress. As I got near the room, I heard two distinct yet familiar sounds – one that of baby talk another of a heavy breathing.

As I walked in to the room, I saw a restless Smera with the determination of a Duracell bunny, trying to wake a fast asleep Dad !

Guess Dad was so tired keeping the little one busy over a packed weekend that he slept off instantly while Smera had the charge to go on for some more time.

But hey, I could not have asked for a better weekend given the circumstances. It’s been a great two days of daddy daughter bonding and I got another story to tell Smera when she grows up. The day baby put Daddy to sleep :)

37 comments:

  1. Aww this is soo cute :)
    It is so nice when the husband takes charge no? You are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely !!! I am blessed to have such a lovely husband .. thank you for stopping by

      Cheers !!

      Delete
  2. Di,hi..i am a regular reader of ur blogs..they are very interesting to read..this one is too awesome..especially the picture..i was imagining jiju's specs and our smera..good going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheena - Thank you so much baccha ... You really made my day with your lovely words :)

      Delete
  3. Sangeeta, Smera sure knows how to put the daddy to sleep:) Beautiful post! Reminds me of 'Dennis the Menace' each time I read posts about your cute daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's the huge compliment Rahul... Dennis used to be my favourite :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ha ha ... yet another tale for her to read ...

      Delete
  5. how sweet! Am sure she is gonna love this story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am also certain this is not the only time this happened :)

      Delete
  6. Hehe :D So sweet :D.
    Looks like little Smera is extremely enthusiastic :D.

    And I hope you are better now Sangeeta Jhi :).
    Get well soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you bet she Poo ...

      I am absolutely fit now and thankfully our family has got freedom from flu too!! Touchwood ...

      p.s. - pls pray it does come visiting us soon ..

      Delete
  7. that is very sweet
    Thanks
    http://drivingwithpen.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. soo sweet :) and same thing happens in my house too when dad takes in charge of my kid. By the way, my kid is 15 months old.

    Ramya
    www.fantastic-feathers.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't such a blessing to have husbands who help us ... God bless :)

      Delete
  9. So cute. And he is such a good dad and helpful too!
    The last part, 'baby put daddy to sleep', that was very funny :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abhinav he really is and this is just one weekend.. there are many more stories to tell ..

      Delete
  10. haha...awesome!!! you know I have a snap in which I am feeding cerelac to my dad :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, daughter who puts her dad to sleep. I really love to read about Smera . . .

    Ashwini Dey

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, daughter who puts her dad to sleep. I really love to read about Smera . . .

    Ashwini Dey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Ashwini you enjoy reading about Smera ... This is the most important part of my life ...

      Delete
  13. Oh..So much i love to read the smera-daddy-momma tales!!
    Simply sweet!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pooja ... there are many more to come ...

      Delete
  14. Awww...Sangeeta please I want to meet your daughter. I always try to picture what she does. She was awake while your husband was sleeping. That must be an adorable scene....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He hee...this sounds familiar to me. I wish my little one fall asleep as easily as his dad does :D.
    That's a cute picture you created - that of a duracell bunny and a sleeping daddy. :D How adorable.

    You take care of those colds, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was so sweet....Have had similar experiences and kudos to all the men who share the task of looking after the little ones and do so with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is absolutely cute!! My God!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, this is the first time I've read your blog & I really, really liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. "The day baby put Daddy to sleep :)" How cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful.. Did not get many of these kind of days, with my little one growing up, but what little I got, sweet memories...

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet :) always good to see daddy bonding with the kids.... even if he falls asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  22. good posting about At the end of the day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...