Friday, August 29, 2014

Silly Saturday: A hearty mistake

For a change little Smera is not my inspiration for this Silly Saturday feature, however it’s all about her Grandparents and my Dad and Mum. My dad is a really chilled out person. He is one of those guys who are always around to help, very easy-going, dad and I are similar in many ways – when it comes to getting angry or having fun.   

I called them this morning to check on how they were and just as we started speaking to mum happened to mention how a couple of days back she received dad’s message explaining why was running late. Here’s how it goes ..

Dad’s message: “Now I am at Metro Heart Institute hospital, Noida. In ICU, heart complaint. I will be late. Take care.



Reading this sms my mum almost skipped a heart-beat. She desperately tried calling him back and mysteriously that very moment network started acting funny and declared him out of network. You could imagine my mother’s plight. Mum couldn't help wonder his thoughtful words of asking her to take care. Suddenly seconds felt like years with the phone out of network!

Thankfully a few minutes later he called her back on seeing her missed calls. Furious with the number of missed calls messages he asked her what was so important.

Mum: Are you ok? What happened? 

Dad: I am ok but what’s wrong with you? I just sent you a message, Saji is not well and I am at the hospital. He is in the ICU, with a heart complaint and that I would be late.

Mum: You should check you sms, it read that you are in hospital with heart complaint. You forgot to mention Saji’s name in it.

But as she mentioned this to us, we burst out laughing wondering how my melodramatic mum would almost experienced a heart attack herself too. And now I get it, it my dad’s genes that I have inherited too, even I end up eating up my words. Guess we both should work on our proof-reading skills.


With jokes apart I sincerely do hope Uncle Saji is feeling better! 



32 comments:

  1. OMG! I cant imagine what your mother must have gone through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, even I can't but thankfully it was just a matter of few minutes ...

      Delete
  2. The SMS technology and its lingo - I find both equally detestable most of the time. But I admit it can be a good source of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ai yai yai... I wouldn't blame your mom :) My mum would be in fits if such a message came through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha .. Roshan I am still rolling on the floor laughing !!

      Delete
  4. haha this was quite something :D and funnily my dad is also a very chilled out person. But having said that your mother's reaction was not unwarranted :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine how she must have felt .. as it is she suffers from high BP ..

      Delete
  5. Words not only when you speak also when you skip it hurts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The power of words ;) Good post, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL..I too initially thought in your mother's way... :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be the natural reaction to such a message ... thank god it was just a typo !!

      Delete
  8. On second thoughts, imagine a patient in a critical situation, texting his family about his situation! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my dad is quite capable of doing if physically it is possible !!

      Delete
  9. Seriously...Be careful with that...

    I too face similar problems during messaging...Although never got into any serious situation like that... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you boy !! hope you never get into a trouble like ever!!

      Delete
  10. haha :) it happens sometimes! funny and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He he he :D. . Communication indeed! The first part of the story made me think - How can someone be so cool and send a message like that when they are going a check up for a heart attack!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guilty of taking selfies while getting drip and Intervenious shots .. don't know how it would be messaging while having a heart attack !!

      Delete
  12. Sach mein Sangeeta.... looking back its fun but at 'That' moment it must be..... no words to explain that dread .... heart attack ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness!!! What would have your mother felt for that few minutes which passed like hours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did Bhavani .. thank god even the uncle is doing well :D

      Delete
  14. oooops.. but thank god all is fine with mum and dad ..

    my wishes for your uncle..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happens to me too all the time .. sometimes when it is hard to decode so I re-send it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. :D
    On a serious note, I can imagine your mom's plight.
    Nicely written, Sangeeta. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...