Friday, September 27, 2013

Silly Saturdays: Turns out even good is not so good

For the last three years I have been on medication for hypothyroidism. One of the side effects of hypothyroidism is weight-gain among others.  And so from the day I was diagnosed with it, I have been religiously taking my medication just as the doctor ordered. Not only that, I even started regular workouts scared of putting on weight.

Once every three months I am due for a routine check up. The fact is that I have always had problems maintaining good habits and routines. I was really looking to hear good response on my recent visit to the doctor, the doctor reads the reports he asks me the following questions.

Doctor: Ms Sangeeta what is the dosage you are taking?
Me: Doc thyroxin 50.
Doctor: You seem to be really regular with your meds?
Me: (Grinning in my head) Yes doc, I don’t even miss a day.

Doctor: Then I would recommend you to skip any one day of the week, since your report is slight bordering towards hyperthyroidism.

I was thinking that he is going to commend me on the great job that I have been upto, while it turned out that I got into trouble for a being so consistent. Feeling silly ! 
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Indrani - sweets I am doing good don't worry .. good thing is taking the med a less ... wish i can beat this completely :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are determined to do something, you will definately achieve your goal and i believe you can defeat all the odds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Nicely written with a tinge of humor :) hope u get better !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...