Monday, November 11, 2013

My girl turns 3 !!

Three years ago, this exact day I was blessed with a little baby girl. As she turns three today, the best part of being her parent is seeing her smile everyday in the morning. This year has been yet another spectacular roller-coaster ride for us and Smera and through the year many milestones were achieved this year too.

gettyimages.ae
She can talk, make full sentences, sometimes even scold us or publicly embarrass (more on that in my next post). She can now successfully somersault, strike a couple yoga poses and peddle tricycle without falling down and fracturing her hand. Breaking her wrist was the toughest part of the year, I think I must have cried more than her. Even through all that pain and irritation she showed us how brave she is. At least she was much more than me.

She has become more social and loves talking to the ladies. She would love to look at their dress, touch their earrings, if she is lucky might even get them put her some lipstick. While she is still a little vary of the men, actually to be honest she can give dirty looks to men and scare them off too. I kind of feel secure that way!

Another milestone she reached that now she is fully potty-trained and has been diaper-free for the last few months. Infact this was one of the milestones that got delayed a bit, as she was scared to sit on the pot. I had to bribe her with lipstick, to get her sitting on the potty throne initially.

Yes you heard it right, a potty throne that is what it is called – a separate miniature toilet, designed for kids to be trained. But thanks to her cousin sister Amy, she has finally been upgraded to big the pot. Thank god I don’t have carry her throne anymore now. Phew!

Above all this year we have become more of friends, we fight, we kiss and make up. Love to snuggle into each other and then when daddy comes home complain about each other. Now I enjoy when the husband is travelling and it’s just the two of us alone at home, doing all girlie things together, watching her favourite Cinderella or Peppa pig.
gettyimages.ae
Our relationship reminds me of mine with my mother when I was growing. She has got all my bad habits, keeps calling me Mamma all the time, whether there is a need or not. However the funniest bit was once, she says, “mamma you look like my sister!” It’s something I always tell about my mum that she looks like my sister and the little one must have picked up this somewhere from one of our conversations.

I am a very strict parent and maybe you might even find me scolding her all the time, but that is because I want her to be world’s best child. When you grow and read this one, I want you to know mamma loves you a lot. Thank you so much for making our lives so special. God bless you, may you grow up to be a wonderful girl and I am sure success would follow you.


Happy birthday Smera!

32 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to d darling Smera! :) :)
    Kisses and hugs! :)
    http://howdypancakes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much .. Howdypancakes ... Surely will pass on the kisses and hugs!!

      Delete
  2. That was such a lovely post, it reminded me of my daughters in those years. :)
    A very happy birthday to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Indrani .. daughter's bring in so much joy !! It's like having girlfriends all the time at home .. :D

      Delete
  3. Many Many Happy BirthDay to your Little Girl.. :D
    And What a Lovely Post showing the love you have for your daughter... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harsha .. I write these for her read when grows up .. just a little something for her to remember from her childhood days ..

      Delete
  4. Many happy returns to Smera!:)
    A lovely post indeed...Happy B'day once again to the little angel!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. good place to mark your love... smera would love to read all about you and her when she grows up...
    Happy birthday to Smera... let all the happiest things come to her life... let the silly saturdays continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somersault! :o I'm 18 and all I can do is roll around :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...a very happy Birthday to your lovely daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully written and God bless her....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, A very happy birthday to Smera :) My daughter turns two next March and I know exactly how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww so cute ... it's going to so much fun :D god bless your daughter Prasanna

      Delete
  10. wishes and love to the little angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweetest post.. Happy Birthday to darling Smera.. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated bday wishes Smera - little angel god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats lovely...happy birthday Smera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post.. Happy bday to Smera.. even my kid is nearing 3 years.. could relate to many that you mentioned :) especially the happiness when kid becomes diaper-free :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahathi - I know diaper-free house is happiness to infinity .. Gives the child so much independence.. :D

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday to her ! Good you wrote this one down, it will be a memoir for her once she starts reading./

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Anita, i hope she enjoys reading as much as i love writing about her :D

      Delete
  16. Wish little Smera a very Happy Birthday....cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey , am so glad to have found your space. for starters our kids share their birthdays . My baby turned 3 this novemeber 11th as well . And thats such a sweet post. I am sure your princess would love to read it when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...