Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Behind every hero dad is a villain mom

I used to be a huge movie buff before Smera happened to me. Times have changed and so have my priority in life. I’d rather sleep for 2 hours than sit and watch a movie. Having said that, it does not mean the drama is out of my life too. My life feels like an on-going Bollywood movie. I usually end up playing the negative role and time and again my hubby turns out to be the hero.

Take for instance, when Smera does not eat properly, throws tantrum to brush and take bath or misbehaves, I end up scolding her. That’s normal bit, but then hubby would enter the scene out of no where like a hero in the script. He’d then ask me to let it go, in turn making me ever more furious. These are so well rehearsed by now I can even visualise fight sequences.  



Smera’s tantrums are proportional to the number of people around her - she is very easy to handle alone. This make it worse for me and I end up showcasing my monster self to the rest of the world. Usually these moments make feel like Gabbar from Sholay, Jahanpanah Akbar from Mughal-e-Azam or the Joker from Dark Knight.

I know I am little tough when it comes to disciplining the little one and I know I can go a little easy on her. But when someone praises her it feels like my own personal victory. For me the biggest challenges lies in this is department is finding the middle-path.

I guess, I am always on the extremes, be it when it comes to scolding her or being nice to her. Over the top just out of a blockbuster Farah Khan movie, almost verging on senselessness. Smera always ends up complaining to her dad about me. Just a few hours ago I heard her complain to the father, “Daddy, Mamma is kissing me”. Instantly the father instructs, “Mamma can you go easy on the kisses”.

Phew!! Such is life, getting in trouble for kissing your own daughter.


Totally Bollywoodish isn’t it?   

Image: gettyimages.ae

23 comments:

  1. haha...she is a clever gal...what do you need more???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.. Either of the parent has to be stricter and one has to be linient.. I guess you are the strict one at your home.. But one day she will realise why mumma used to scold her.. Nice family.. And yes.. Absolutely bolliwoodish..! Keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya .. i have heard the good cop and the bad cop bit but what's most tough is that I am seeing the worst side of me and I am not liking it ...

      But when someone compliments Smera on her good behaviour, I feel it's my victory. Wish it being a mother was easy

      Delete
  3. Can you go easy on the kisses !! :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita - I cannot promise but I shall try too go easy !!

      Delete
  4. LOL, Sangeeta! This is an issue most moms face. So at least you know you're not alone.

    But it's the norm of the world (sorry to sound apathetic). Since men don't spend the day handling kids' tantrums, they tend to dote over & pamper kids. And kids, smartly, know that there is no way out when alone, but take maximum advantage when they have an audience.

    Hopefully things will get better soon... But you'll have to go through this all over again if Smera gets a sibling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vishal - this is precisely the reason why we are avoiding the second child issue :D

      Delete
  5. haha. one more interesting episode from your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do wait to for the next one, another motherhood saga !!

      Delete
  6. yeah go easy on kisses mumma :P :P ;)

    she is smart gal knows how to use people power :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she should choose politics her career option :D

      Delete
  7. Haha.. this is true in most houses, I guess. The moms get stuck being the villains forcing the kids to eat healthy (icky) food, get better grades, write more neatly etc. Dad is the cool dude who comes home and plays with the child, gets toys and takes out for treats :D

    www.godyears.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roshan I agree with everything you say here .. but I don't make her eat healthy icky food, I make healthy yummy in my tummy food and still end up as the villain :( Poor me!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. That is where my problem lies .. any suggestion to outsmart her ??

      Delete
  9. Parenting is the most difficult job ever! There is sometimes no right or no wrong, i feel you must enjoy it to fullest and take it with a smile.
    Easier said than done though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This put a smile on my face, very witty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a day to chance upon your blog post!

    Check this out and you'll know you're not alone.

    http://rekspoursout.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/mommies-daddies-would-be-moms-and-dads-help/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha.. that was nice .. with kids parents do need to play Good Cop Bad Cop :)
    Mumma villains is good as a child ... kids normally take mummas easily :) throughout life :) .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I can relate to it completely but I can't get over the kissing part!! Haha and that image is super cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D Quite a smart daughter.. Lovely post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...