Sunday, September 4, 2011

One small step for any human being, one giant leap for me



I feel well rested after the holidays. The feeling is not just mental, it is physical as well. And that's the trouble, you feel great when that's just the mental state but pretty rusted when the same thing is applied to your physical state.

I think it is time for another 30 day challenge. This time I intend to start my morning walks. I had my excuses until now - weather was depressing, Smera is sleeping and the like. Now however, with the weather starting to turn and Smera out for walks with her dad every morning, I am running out of excuses.

To be honest, I've been feeling lethargic for sometime. I think it is because of my near-sedentary lifestyle, even though my daughter tries her best to keep me on my toes. Anyway, I am hoping to get a bit of rhythm of routine back into my life and I think I will be walking my way into it.   

So here is my cunning plan 

1.        Sleep early (not later than 1030pm) 
2.        Get Smera a smaller pram that is easy to manoeuvre 
3.        Dust off my pedometer so that i can track my progress 
4.        Blog about it daily (at least publish the number of steps clocked) 
5.        Make friends with fellow walkers (get me peer-pressured to keep on it)

As they say, one small step for any human being, one giant leap for Sangeeta ….

Photo courtesy: NASA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...